Last Sunday night we woke up to the sound of water dripping. Abbey jumped up and then I heard my name in a rather panicked voice. There was water dripping out of the light in our bathroom and the floor had about 1/2 inch of water covering it. I threw on clothes to go upstairs and find out what was going on. Instead I found 2 fire trucks outside and firemen walking all over. We didn't get a clear story out of them, only that there was water coming from the apartment upstairs and not a fire that they had put out. Come to find out later that there was a party upstairs that night. There are two girls up there who we have complained about numerous times. They love to have loud parties in the middle of the night (2 or 3 AM) and the office has done so little to control the situation. I guess that night they were having a party and sticking cigarettes into the ceiling sprinklers. One went off - who would have thought? I guess that called the fire department and flooded their apartment. We got water in ours and they are not even directly above us. So, the maintenance guy came and checked for water damage and found that there was moisture in the walls. Luckily nothing of ours was damaged. They did have to come in and blow giant fans for 24 hours with the carpet all pulled up. That brings us to the hotel part. We stayed one night in the middle of the week at a local hotel paid for by the apartments. It was like a little free family vacation when we weren't expecting it. Ben loved the pool. His favorite part was walking around the outside though while I swam as fast as I could to keep up with him in case he fell in.

No comments:
Post a Comment