Ben, Max and I have been in Phoenix visiting my sister, Mandy and her family. Mandy had been pregnant with conjoined twins who share a heart. The doctors had said that it would be nearly impossible for these babies to go full term, let alone survive. We all sent Mandy in for a c-section, unsure of what would happen and prepared for and expecting the worst. I guess we just don't always know what Heavenly Father's plan is, but these little angels came into the world breathing on their own and completely independent of any life-sustaining machines. Mandy and Tor were shocked to find out that they would be taking their little girls home. They have now been home for a week now and still seem to be holding up OK, with some help with an oxygen machine. The cardiologist says that eventually the heart will not be able to support these little girls and they will start to get sick. Although the time with them will be short, their lives have had an impact on so many. We are all just so grateful for this precious and unexpected time with Emma and Taylor; they have certainly stolen our hearts. It's at these times that we can clearly see God's tender mercies. The girls are connected from about mid chest down to the belly button and have all arms and legs. Emma is on the right, Taylor is on the left. In their white dresses, Taylor is on the right and Emma is on the left
Ben, out of the blue: "I am absolutely sure Grandma is shrinking." (9/20/08)
Ben: (Not upset but in kind of a funny mood) "I'm so mad right now I could kill a pig!" (9/13/08)
Ben: "Our neighbors are going to Hannah Montana (meaning Montana)." (8/24/08)
Ben telling daddy about Lake Tahoe: "I even holded a crawdad. Did you know that Jake?" (8/24/08)
Daddy: "Ben, what was your favorite part of that (very entertaining and also mildly overpriced) carnival." Ben: "Getting a little drink out of that drinking fountain." (5/16/08)
Mommy: "Ben, how come you didn't eat your broccoli?" Ben: "I just forgot that it was real broccoli and thought that it was painted wood broccoli that you put on my plate." (5/3/08)
Ben: "Jets are so cool I almost don't even like them." (4/21/08)
Ben: "Wow Mom, your hair looks good...did you do it?" (4/21/08)
Ben: "Mom, I have a little something to tell you...I love you." (4/20/08)
No comments:
Post a Comment