
With the passing of our sweet prophet, President Hinckley, my heart is sad and so full. He will be dearly missed, but he left such a legacy for us to follow. He saw so much good and gave so much love. What a blessing to have been influenced by this man who truly lived a Christlike life.
Yesterday we started practicing this hymn for ward choir. It was written by President Hinckley in 1985. He said he wanted something to hum to while he milked the cows. It is sung joyfully, and shows the Prophet's spirit of optimism and hope, and his faith in Jesus Christ. I think it was appropriate that I was humming this song when I heard the news. I am profoundly grateful for this prophet who showed us all how to be disciples of Jesus Christ and to do it cheerfully and with all the energy of our hearts.
My Redeemer Lives
I know that my Redeemer lives,
Triumphant Savior, Son of God,
Victorious over pain and death,
My King, my Leader, and my Lord.
He lives, my one sure rock of faith,
The one bright hope of men on earth,
The beacon to a better way,
The light beyond the veil of death.
Oh, give me thy sweet Spirit still,
The peace that comes alone from thee,
The faith to walk the lonely road
That leads to thine eternity.