Thursday, June 26, 2008

Congrats to Dr. Jake

Although 3 weeks has passed since Jacob's graduation, our excitement still hasn't diminished from his incredible accomplishment and all the festivities.  It has been 4 wonderful and challenging years, but the grueling tests, long Saturdays away studying, and the many hours in the hospitals/clinics certainly paid off as we watched him walk across the stage and receive his diploma.  He has put his heart into his work and we are so proud of him!  Here's to the next 4+ years of learning and adventures!    


























A special thanks to our families who were able to spend the day with us and who have been such a huge support these last four years.  


*Another special thanks goes out to Jacob's dad for being our photographer and taking 752 pictures to document this day!  I don't think he missed a moment!

11 comments:

Petersen Family said...

SO cute you guys! Congrats Jake!! We're excited you guys are now going to enjoy the next 4 years or so closer to us! Way to go Randy on those pictures!! And Abbey...I LOVE that color blue on you!! Can't wait to see you guys sometime soon!!

Michael said...

Congrats Jake! We are so happy for you, and we're excited to have more family nearby.

Isn't it nice to have a title, Doctor?

The Allred Family said...

What a cute little family. Another 4 + YRS??? Are you specializing? I can only imagine the sacrifice that takes. wow....

Amy Heath said...

You guys are the sweetest family! I love your boys. Can they get any cuter? Congrats again, we miss ya. Abbey you look amazing! Best of luck to ya.

The Love Shack said...

Congratulations Jacob!! And a big congratulations to Abbey for helping everyone get through it. I believe the wife deserves just as much credit as the student/resident. These next years are grueling but will be worth it too (at least it better be, right?). :) Keep in touch and enjoy those beautiful Utah mountains for us. We miss them like crazy - we just miss mountains period. Here's to the next phase of this crazy adventure of becoming a doctor.

Andrea said...

Abbey--you look BEAUTIFUL--as you should. It was a BIG day for you too.

We interviewed in Boise this last week and are so excited.

Where do you think you guys are going to end up?

Andrea

s g said...

congrats again dr. c!! and ditto to andrea, you look like a model ABBEY!! so beautiful, the dress, the necklace, ummm...love it. Jacob, the gown, robe and cap looked great too :)

what a wonderful day...4 years of blood, sweat and tears and now SMILES! hope you are enjoying SLC, we need to chat soon!!!

Marianne said...

Congrats again! That's so exciting! And, Abbey, you look gorgeous in those pictures! Hey, I wanted to let you know that I'm making my blog private, but I don't know your email address. If you want to be able to view my blog I need it, so just email me. Thanks.

Marianne said...

I guess it would help to give you my email address! Duh! Here it is: joelmaryorton@yahoo.com

Katie said...

I love the picture of you with the hat on Abbey! Does this mean that we can start calling Dr. Calvert at three in the morning with medical questions:)?

Emma said...

What a wonderful day! I love these pictures. The boys are so fun in them. Abbey you really look so beautiful.