Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hi, my name is Abbey and I'm addicted to Food Blogs

Yes, it's true. I can't seem to pull myself away from all of the recipes floating around in cyberspace: the Thai Peanut-Ginger Wraps, Farfalle with Zucchini, Fresh blueberry cobbler and the Ultimate Chocolate Cake are all calling to me now. Mmmmm, I'm salivating. In all honesty, it's not just the consumption of these fine culinary pleasures, but just gazing at all the photos and reading the techniques is like Bon-Bons for my eyeballs. Although I have perused many a food blogs, there is one in particular I just can't keep secret. She calls herself The Pioneer Woman. She's a gal who grew up proud to be a city girl who fell in love with a cowboy. She left the big city behind and moved to be a cowgirl on her husbands ranch. Since I was first drawn to the food section of her blog (and since that's where my heart will always belong-with the food, of course), this is where I have made the link to. But after perusing the entire website, I have been captivated by her incredible photography, gardening advice, hilarious quips, and the keepin' it real attitude. So, if you have nothing to do (which I know you all have things to do, but are ignoring them so you can blog surf), take a stroll and get to know The Pioneer Woman. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

6 comments:

clybbert said...

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS WEBSITE! I figured I would look at it and I ended up being there for over an hour. Lets escape and be cowgirls for a week or something. Love, love, love this site. You should share your secret food blogs more often. Miss you!

Harrison Happenings said...

Thanks a lot Abbey!! Now I am addicted to her too. And not just her food blog, all of them. My dearest wish is to take pretty pictures like hers and Jacobs. i don't want to go to sleep and I have been up since 1 am for work. But I really, really, REALLY love it. Thanks.

s g said...

yes, I have liked the Pioneer woman for a while now, I need to explore the other parts of her site.

it was so great devouring desserts with you the other night!!!

Andrea said...

Abbey--my sister LOVES her, it's considered a "daily fix" for her.

sariqd said...

I am so MAD at you! I have been reading her love story! Ah! Be still my heart!

You DO know I'm totally kidding about being mad at you, right? Please? You know I love you! :)

And as Char said - let's be cowgirls!

LizzyP said...

Thanks for the recommendation. Not that I need another list of things to try to try out. Don't worry about this addiction, Abbey. You've made it to the first step--admitting you have a problem.