Monday, February 25, 2008

The Armor of God

Ben was in charge of the lesson for family night tonight. He quickly jumped at the idea of making swords and shields. It was very cute to have him teach us his interpretation of why we need to wear armor "to protect us from Satan".


The boys were about to be attacked by the "fiery darts" (marshmellows thrown by Mom and Dad). I think they were hoping to catch some in their mouths.

6 comments:

Adam and Emma said...

I always smile when I look at your blog. I miss Ben and Max. I LOVE the picture of them with their mouths open. What a fun night, can I come next time?

Jamie said...

What a darling idea! I will have to try that. It sounds fun. Your boys are adorable!!!!!

s g said...

so is max wearing some of ben's underwear over his pants? that is hilarious- what a great idea for FHE. I know Lewis would have loved the marshmallow part best.

kendall said...

I want your children.

Joshua said...

You took this classic Calvert lesson one step farther by throwing marshmallows at them... i think i can honestly say i would have turned out a happier person if my mom would have done the same. Instead Jacob used to just throw actual flaming darts at us.

Alaina said...

I LOVE this family home evening lesson! How creative, I am way impressed. Keep posting your creative ideas, I'll need them as my Adrie gets older... ~Alaina (Kendall's sister)