Since we've been having moderately nice weather (the 40's!) I decided I would take the boys to the park to get some fresh air and exercise. But much to my dismay, Friday morning came and it started snowing! Again! Still with the need to get out and do something, I decided to give in to Ben's request of going to Burger King. They really do have a huge play area that goes about 15 feet high and it keeps them busy and moving and with the dollar menu I can do lunch for $3. Can't beat that. So we got settled and the boys ate their lunch and headed off to play. I assumed Max would hang out down by me as he really isn't tall enough to climb the huge platforms to get up into the play area and through all of the nets, tunnels, and twisty slides. Ben had a different plan in mind. I watched (with tears in my eyes) as Ben laboriously lifted Max up onto every platform, climbed up himself (not an easy task in itself ) and lifted Max up onto the next until they were both up all five steps. They would play for a while up above, slide down the huge slides together, laughing their heads off, and Ben would help Max up all over again. If Max got into a spot that made him nervous, I could hear Ben giving sweet encouragements to help him through. What more could a Mama want then to see her boys show love, patients, sacrifice, concern and joy towards each other. I am a happy Mama.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Brotherly Love
Since we've been having moderately nice weather (the 40's!) I decided I would take the boys to the park to get some fresh air and exercise. But much to my dismay, Friday morning came and it started snowing! Again! Still with the need to get out and do something, I decided to give in to Ben's request of going to Burger King. They really do have a huge play area that goes about 15 feet high and it keeps them busy and moving and with the dollar menu I can do lunch for $3. Can't beat that. So we got settled and the boys ate their lunch and headed off to play. I assumed Max would hang out down by me as he really isn't tall enough to climb the huge platforms to get up into the play area and through all of the nets, tunnels, and twisty slides. Ben had a different plan in mind. I watched (with tears in my eyes) as Ben laboriously lifted Max up onto every platform, climbed up himself (not an easy task in itself ) and lifted Max up onto the next until they were both up all five steps. They would play for a while up above, slide down the huge slides together, laughing their heads off, and Ben would help Max up all over again. If Max got into a spot that made him nervous, I could hear Ben giving sweet encouragements to help him through. What more could a Mama want then to see her boys show love, patients, sacrifice, concern and joy towards each other. I am a happy Mama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That post made me cry. What a wonderful little example that Ben is. I want to be more like him when I grow up.
You guys finally have comments!!!! yeah!! I have wanted to post comments on your blog so often. Ben is such a good big brother. I loved this story Abbey.
Hurray for brothers! Next time you plan a trip to BK, give us a call (I only need about 15 minutes notice, usually). Its a great place for kids on snowy/rainy days.
yeah for comments!! what a darling post...why am I not surprised? Ben is such a sweetie...we need to see you guys soon!! Lewis is missing his little buddy.
sara
That is so SO SO cute! Oh I miss Ben and Max, and Abbey and Jacob. You have the best behaved and most exciting/interesting boys of all time.
I'm so glad we can comment on your darling blog entries now! Your family is so cute!
Nothing better than a mama seeing her children show love for one another. It's the greatest!
What a nice brother! (and yay for comments)We missed you guys at Lauren's wedding I was so excited for Ashlyn and Max to play together. I hope we can see you guys soon.
What a great little story. I have found so much joy in watching my kids enjoy and help one another!
Andrea
You wrote this so well! I could totally visualize it. We went once with Nathan's family to the crazy playland thingies up in Lynnwood at McDonald's there and I know exactly what you mean. It's amazing kids can navigate through those!!!
Abbey - I'm finally clued into your blog location. And I love this post because that is exactly what my kids do when they go to any playplace. Even though Lily is now capable of climbing up herself, Anna still waits around to make sure and give assistance where needed. That being said, I can't imagine my older brother having done that for me. All my memories are of him beating me up. Ben is one special guy.
Post a Comment