Thursday, April 03, 2008

Is your mouth watering?

I have a friend in my ward who lived in Italy for 3 years and has mastered the art of Rustic Italian Bread baking. She was on the hunt for a fabulous whole wheat bread recipe, which I happen to have (Thanks Sara!). So we did a little cooking class swap and here is my first attempt at the mouthwatering rustic potato bread. Jacob's dad was in town and has also been experimenting with homemade crusty bread and was happy to join in the attempt. All in all the texture and flavor were pretty fantastic, especially served with a good olive oil with roasted garlic and rosemary for dipping. Absolutely scrumptious.

11 comments:

Amber Addams said...

So after you teach me how to not mess up on the wheat bread recipe will you teach me this one too?!

kendall said...

Ohhhhhhhhh delicious. Someday I hope to learn your secrets.

Emma said...

WOW Abbey that looks so good! I want a piece right now.

Megan said...

Yes, my mouth is watering! You'll have to send me the recipe. Then, maybe when you're here in June you can teach me how to make it.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! Way to go Abbey!

Malauna said...

Yep, you got my mouth watering. Yum.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

That's not fair! Now I totally want some hot fresh bread. I think you should post that wheat bread recipe...always looking for a good one!

Petersen Family said...

Looks amazing Abbey! I completely agree with everyone else...you need to share that recipe and then once you move down here, I might need a bread lesson. My Grandma has tried to show me how to do her recipe but she doesn't really know the measurements anymore! (She makes it almost weekly!)

Erica said...

Abbey-it's Erica...oh how I miss you! I LOVE reading your blog and want this recipe for this bread! you are such an amazing homemaker and just so wonderful with all your creativity! Share some with me! Congrats on Utah! We will have to see you when we get out there to visit...I would love to catch up with Abbey-don't you miss my random phone calls? I am sure you do and i am sure Jacob does too! Write me...give me an update!

s g said...

oooo...it looks divine. You will have to show me how..I hope she liked the whole wheat bread :)

The Love Shack said...

Hello Calverts! It's the Lovelands (Kerry and Jeni) from Seattle, oh, and Boise too. :) I came across your blog from, well, I'm not sure how it started. It went from to the other to the other, anyway, here we are. Cute blog and congrats on U of U for residency!! So exciting. It's so nice to finally be on this side of it all...the beginning of the end....finally!!! Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Check us out at tannerandaustin.blogspot.com I hope you don't mind that I am going to add you to our friends list.