Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sheepdog Exhibition

We spent the morning at the Foothills Heritage Festival, near Boise. Most of the time was spent waiting in long lines, but at least everything was free including the food. They had a sheepdog exhibition. Until today my only experience with sheepdogs came from the movie "Babe" and then most of the herding was done by a pig. It's much better live with a Border Collie. It must have been good because Abbey, who is not a dog person, said, "That makes me want a dog and a herd of sheep." I can see it now - Abbey with a little high pitched dog whistle herding two boys and a bunch of sheep through our neighborhood. I would love to watch!


(Abbey wanted to me add text to make sure everyone knows that this is photoshopped and not really her body, just the head. I did try to find a skinnier sheep dog trainer to complete my vision of her herding but this was the thinnest one out there. Who knew thin Border Collie trainers were hard to come by?)

1 comment:

Susie said...

So fun! And the weather couldn't have been any better!
Last summer we went to visit some friends in Texas who had a sheepdog. The dog was herding Rachel the whole time! I even ducked into a quiet room to nurse Rachel and when I came out, the dog was waiting by the door so he could start running circles around the baby again. A dog like that could come in handy...