Monday, May 19, 2008

Ranchers

We have been back a week now, but between packing and the great weather have not had a chance until now to get some pictures posted.  I think our vacation to Mexico was just too enjoyable to not try to continue vacationing.  We talked about it, made a few phone calls, packed, and were off to spend a great week at my grandparent's ranch in Cache Valley.  Through a series of random and unrelated events, combined we have spent almost 2 months at their place over the past several years and the quiet seclusion has definitely grown on us.  It didn't take Ben long to notice that the ATV had multiplied and there were now 2 little ATVs parked next to it.  While I was hesitant to let him ride it and kept picturing myself with him in the ER explaining how I should have known better, he did pick it up pretty quick.  I insisted on running next to him and he was very safe the whole time.  The best part of our vacation was how much the boys loved being there.  That and the fact that they have satellite TV, a luxury that we have passed up on at home.  Our nightly routine involved getting the boys to bed and then watching TV until exhaustion prevailed.  Maybe not most peoples idea of a vacation, but when you have rabbit ears at home and only get 6 channels, 3 of which are clear enough to watch, an evening (or 6) on the couch choosing between 100+ channels can be quite addicting.  It's a good thing we don't have more channels at home.

We put this picture together and sent it off to my grandparents in San Diego.

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Abbey, how on earth do you continue to come up with creative ideas for treats for the boys? So with all the crazies living in S.L. have you guys put a down payment on a ranch yet?

Petersen Family said...

How we love the ranch!!! I'm hoping we'll get the chance to escape up there sometime soon too! Glad you guys had so much fun! I wonder if Great Grandpa Leavitt pictured his Great Great Grandkids enjoying his place too?!?!