Friday, August 22, 2008

A Male Ob/Gyn - Not For Everyone

I almost got attacked in clinic today from a boyfriend who obviously had never seen a pap smear before. He had fists drawn and I had an attending and a nurse between the two of us. I am not sure what he was expecting at the appointment. After he told me, "Sorry I acted like that...I just haven't seen very much of this since I have spent most of my life in prison." Was that supposed to make me feel better?

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, those are some fun posts you got there. I think that it is awsome that you get to experience all the stuff you do. I feel bad complaining about Derik's work schedule after reading about your 86 hour work week. Your a good women Abbey!

Lybberts said...

That is SUCH a funny story! Keep posting these funny stories, I love reading them!

s g said...

this is a classic story...what a nut!!

Joshua said...

This is why you should always carry a bow and a quiver full of barbed arrows.

Alaina said...

Oh wow. And I love the ER post below - I'm enchanted!

Abbey and Boys - come swim on Friday? We could do early (like 10) or late - after 4:30. I vote late but if you can't come then, the morning works, too! I have a photo shoot in SLC at 2:30.

Jacob is invited too, though I'm sure he'll be pulling a nail out of someone's head or something.

twoplustwins said...

Always fun when you find out that the FOB was incarcerated. I love the faking ED pt.

Scott's said...

Sorry, I am still laughing to hard to comment................