Saturday, March 07, 2009

Bowling-Try It, You'll Like It

Jacob had his first of a 9 day long vacation today (can you hear the excitement/relief/sheer joy resonating from this post? Good.) We started the morning off by finally using a gift card from my November birthday and went to breakfast. In spite of the frigid temps, I couldn't help but feel like spring was near with a plate of simple, sweet crepes covered in FRESH strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and bananas with a REAL strawberry syrup. Mmmm. Delicious. 

After running some errands, we did what any great American family should do on a Saturday afternoon: bowling. There was plenty of entertainment between Ben running 45 feet with the ball and then launching it through the air and Jacob holding Max headlong as Max would release the ball just in time at the end of the lane. It was hilarious and something everyone should do. Now go bowling!


Have I ever mentioned that I adore these guys? I do. A lot.




Max divulging his bowling secrets.














Waiting patiently to nail a strike.



Is he airborne? I'm still not sure.



A moment caught perfectly.

7 comments:

clybbert said...

Is Jacob rocking a pair of Seven jeans? Lucky! Miss you guys like mad. I hope all is well. Enjoy the vacation!

twoplustwins said...

Gotta love the nine day special... Can you believe we're 3 months from being R2 families? Where does time go.

s g said...

bowling is so great, did I tell you I actually took bowling at BYU? scored myself a 196...no lie. looks like a fun time with the boys :)

Kim said...

Abbey, your family is just so so cute! We love you guys! Enjoy your time with Jacob!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

Vacation is the best...esp. when you can really appreciate it like you...i am cannot imagine how few of those days there are. My kids LOVE bowling too...it's some great entertainment.

Travis and Jamie said...

I couldn't help but think of the first time I met you two when we met for bowling at BYU during the graduation party at the Wilk. And I fell flat on my prego belly. I'm so great with first impressions!

LizzyP said...

I love the colors in these shots. You've got a great eye for photos.