Life happened, that's what. And although I'm terribly late in recording anything that happened this summer, it doesn't mean that it's too late...so here we go!
Ben's birthday happened right in the middle of a month bursting with family reunions and parties. In the past I have tried to have a separate birthday party from 4th of July festivities, but this year I failed miserably with that effort and we celebrated in the middle of the Riverton 4th of July parade with all of our aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was all fine anyway because Ben ended with a stomach bug and felt too rotten for any real partying or attention. The best part of his birthday was having almost all of his cousins in town to celebrate with him (missed you Seattle Lybberts!) We don't have too many shots (a crazy night), but here are a couple:

A cake to feed the masses!

The only taste he had of his cake. Poor guy!

Hey, now there's some excitement! You know you've done alright when that little dimple shows itself. What a cutie!
Different emotions are swelling inside with my first "baby" turning 5. I've recorded these thoughts in my personal journal, but I do want to record one quality that Ben has possessed that makes him "Ben": An awareness and concern for others. It is manifested in the way he watches over his little brother while at a parade and picks up a piece of candy for Max ebery time before he gets one himself. Also in the way he always is the one to open the door and hold it for all 25 students and his teacher. It is shown in the way he says to me "Mom, will you turn off the light please, if you don't mind. Or leave it on if you do mind. Whatever you want, Mom." He loves and cares for other people and this coupled with a love of God is what I want most for him. Thanks Ben, for showing me how to be. I love you.
1 comment:
I love all the updates Abbey! It is so great to see what your family has been up to!
Happy Birthday to Ben. He is one special, sweet boy, who we miss so much!
Love the pictures. They are amazing! Miss you and hope all is well.
Post a Comment