September 1, 2009 was a momentous one for this little Calvert family: The first day of school! Ben began all day Kindergarten and Max a two day per week preschool that he absolutely loves. Both boys were jumping out of there skin with excitement the night before at our "Back to School" family dinner and probably couldn't have shown more joy on their faces on the the morning of. Although it is an emotional transition for us, I am definitely excited about the one-on-one time with Max and the schedule that is allowing me one day a week to co-op in Ben's class and to have another 2 1/2 hour session to myself. I think this is going to be a great year for all of us!










As Ben made his exit into the school doorway, I felt the tears brimming and began to think "Don't forget to be nice to everyone! Wash your hands after you go to the bathroom! I love you!!!!! Your milk money is in your lunch! Don't pick your nose! Have fun!!!!!" It's like it was the last time he would ever need me. But you know what? It wasn't. After school over a little snack of cookies we got to hang out and he told me all about how bad the cafeteria stinks. Yep, I love my school boys.
3 comments:
What grown up boys they are! I wish we could be there to hear all the stories from them. The pictures are great. We love you guys!
Abbey, I have tears in my eyes thinking about the day I put Josh on the bus for the first time. Now he's almost 15, and in 9th grade! It seems like yesterday. Enjoy these days- they fly by! Your pictures are so cute, as always!
I love the one third one down with Ben looking up in his green shirt. Joshua is in kindergarten this year--what exciting times!
Post a Comment