After 6 years, I am learning that a birthday on a 4th of July weekend has got to be one of the busiest times to celebrate. But celebrate we did and here are a few pics of Ben's big birthday weekend.
Jacob had to work on Ben's birthday, which is the 3rd, so the kids and I came home early from a family camp out on Friday the 2nd and went straight to Cafe Rio for an early birthday dinner with Daddy. I think too many s'mores, too little sleep and too many winding roads down the mountain for home left Ben feeling less than great. He hardly ate dinner, so we rushed home to quickly open a few presents before Jacob was back at work again. The poor guy didn't even want to sit up for the much anticipated moment of presents. In spite of the unfavorable conditions, Ben was more than pleased with the birthday gifts.

Feeling much better the next morning on his actually birthday, Ben was able to open a few gifts from his Grandmas and Grandpas before heading off to the church for the annual 4th of July pancake breakfast and bike parade.


Later that evening, the boys and I joined the Bates family for a BBQ and a perfect view from there backyard of the Sugar House fireworks show. Jen made this beautiful cake to celebrate Ben and the USA!

A week later, it was time for the Pirate Birthday Party. I feel like this party had been in the works for a good year. The boys get a "friends" birthday party every other year, so this gives them plenty of time to plan the theme. Too much time, I think!






No comments:
Post a Comment