Wednesday, October 26, 2011

We're Back...Shocker, I know

Get ready for a super fast, no editing, rundown of the last year in the lives of the Calverts. No more waiting for Jacob to ever have a chance to go through pictures and get them "blog ready". Nope, were just slapping them on here for the sake of just having a place where we record the events that are going on in our lives. Between a broken computer, a crazy work schedule, oh, and a new baby(!), I wondered if we'd ever get this stuff all down. Never too late, right. We'll here we go! Unfortunately, most of our pics from October-March are not accessible right now, but I'm going to move forward and work with what I've got or this blasted project will never get done!

And so we begin.....(birth pics of Kate to come later)

Welcome:
Kate Evelyn
Born on January 13, 2011
7 lbs 10 oz
20 1/2 in

This darling girl has been a little angel in our family. We didn't realize how sweet it would be to have a little baby come in to our home and bring such a sweet little spirit. She delights every one of us, most especially her older brothers who couldn't adore her more. Her delivery was so fun because we got to be with daddy's coworkers. They treated us so well. There was a little bit of a complication during the delivery because Kate was posterior and it was difficult to get her to come out. Her heart rate began to drop, but after the doctor got her turned and a good push she arrived and the pediatric team whisked her off to make sure she was healthy. In the commotion, nobody but Jacob noticed if we had a boy or a girl and he was able to announce to everyone that he got his little girl that he had been hoping for. Cheers and celebrations broke out in the room because everyone had been hoping it would be a girl. We feel so blessed! Pictures of her birth will come...but until then, here are some pics I've caught on the phone over the months. What a cutie!












3 comments:

Kendall said...

Tiny, baby kate! She is so adorable.

Petersen Family said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging! We really need to get together soon! And I have a picture of Kate from Torey's wedding for you! I'll email it to you soon!

Laura said...

Hey Calverts,
What a beautiful baby girl! We had no idea! Looks like you're staying plenty busy with your boys and Kate. I'm sure they make fantastic older brothers.
-Craig and Laura