There is little I hate more than resolving complicated problems over the phone with large companies. Most seem to know so little about operating their phone system that they can't figure out the difference between transferring you and hanging up, or worse yet, sending you back to the beginning of the automated system. My worst experience with this was 2 years ago with Net Zero, who I fully believe has the worst customer service of any company. Not only did they transfer me to the wrong person within the company over 10 times but twice they transfered me to a completely different company. That doesn't even seem possible. I had to tell some lady in India, named "Jill" that I would not get off the phone until she gave me the direct line to the service department in the US. It took her about 20 minutes and several holds to talk to her manager, but they gave me the number. Anyway, last Saturday I spent 2 hours on the phone with Best Buy between several local stores and corporate. At one point I actually had to tell someone in the store, "Would you please walk the phone over to the appliance section because no one can figure out how to transfer my call." I try so hard to be nice too. So, I am in the middle of all of this when the boys come running in from the Animal Planet show, growling at the top of their lungs. I happened to not be on hold at that moment. It took me a full minute to stop laughing and compose myself enough to explain to the lady on the other end what just happened. What a surprise, she didn't find it funny. How in the world do they screen these people at hiring time? I sure love my two little Cheetahs though and needed their comic relief!


3 comments:
That is some serious face paint...wow, I don't think Lewis would sit still for something like that, but the boys looks awesome!
ditto Jacob to the annoying customer service geniuses on the phone, my latest customer service snafu is with the NY Times who happens to be charging my Visa with a subscription I don't have...hmmm...I have called 3 different times only to be told someone would have to call me back. In between all these phone calls, they actually credited my card $350, when the charges were only $50. I have tried and tried, but I think I will just take the $300 mistake in my favor at this point!
Wow! That puts Ella's faice painting to shame (she got hers done this weekend too). SOOO cute. And I totally know what you mean about the customer service junk. It's interesting how you can get so frustrated that banging an inanimate object (such as the phone) seems to be the only relief from the frustration. UGH.
Oh GREAT pictures. I love it!
Post a Comment